Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 05, 2006




I have to thank Bhart Kalachar and Chinmaya Sisters for having accepted to chage my concert date from 10th dec’06 to 02nd Dec’06 as I had to be in Mumbai for the finals of POGO Amazing kids 2006 Awards.

I enjoyed this concert very much as it was in my home ground i.e. Bharat Kalacha on the 2nd December. I am happy to have started with a good main slot for this year’s December music season and it came out well also. I think I got one of the best of appreciation from a great person like my chairman Mrs YGP – Rashmi amma and it is indeed a great recognition not only for my talent but also for the instrument as she herself accepted that it was sounding like a veena & Mandolin bringing out all the gamakas required.

It was for the first time I teamed with Phalgun anna on Mrudhangam and I enjoyed the concert thoroughly as he inspired and encouraged me very well. So was Anathakrishnan anna on violin, EMS mama on Ghatam and Sowrirajan anna on Morsing. Many in the audience came to me after the concert and appreciated the way I performed and it ws indeed a great day for me as an artist.

Due to some political meeting near Valluvar Kottam we were struck almost for 30 mts almost near Vanimahal and I ran from there to the venue just to inform of this jam. However we were on stage at 4pm but felt bad for the last minute rush.
I enjoyed my thatha and Patti listening to me sitting in the front row and also enjoyed the warmth of Mrs YGP giving iddli pcs to me. Yes the day was great indeed, also the idly from the hands of my Chairman!!