Pageviews past week

Friday, December 29, 2006



A great day for me and family as my uncle Embar S Kannan performed a solo concert in the prime slot for Kalarasana at Rani Seethai Hall. I understand due to some unforeseen circumstances Sowmya akka could not sing today at this slot and as my mama was suppose to accompany her Sri Srinivasan suggested mama to play a solo in the same slot and it was indeed a great time we had listerning to mama's concert.

ESK mama started off with Nalinakanthi varnam of Lalgudi sir's and tehn played Srimahaganapathim in Gowla set to misra chaappu. The best was the krithi on Nagabhushani and the RTP on Natakurinchi with the phrase "Naatai kurinchi enbar sirandha engaladhu". He played three ragams during alapana adn thanam presentation flowing so beautifully from one to the other namely Naataikurinchi, Naatai and Kurinchi. He then gave a presentation of kalpanaswaram also in the same order and rounded off with korvai with the same order. It was indeeed facinating for me to ehar a great piece.
For this RTP Neyveli Narayanan uncle played Kanda nadai on mrudhangam, Anirudh anna Thisra nadai on Kanjeera and Arunkumar anna - Misra nadai on rhythm pad during the thani. Mama ended off the concert with Lalgudi sir's Desh thillana and the team got a standing appaluse from the audience present.
Whoever came there for attending Sowmya akka's, I am sure would second me in the opinion of having attended a great Violin solo concert by Embar S Kannan - my uncle.