Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 15, 2007

















Sri Kalahasthi Temple concert - a unforgettable concert

I am still to come back from the pleasant shock of being declared as the “Aasthana Vidwan of Sri Kalahasthi Temple” just after seeing our team’s performance for the Sivarathri festival in Kalahasthi on the 12th Feb’07. It is indeed a great honour as it came aafter seeing the performance. Prem uncle, brother of Sivamani uncle – World’s best drummer, also got this title. I sincerely thank Sri Kola Anand for announcing this and also extend thanks to Sri Murugan uncle my amma’s friend and also Sri Danapal for having thought of me to give this programme.

I also take this opportunity to thank my team members Drums Prem uncle, Violin Annathakrishnan anna, Ghatam Hari anna, Mrudhangam Suri uncle, Guitar Suri uncle, Tabla Rajagopal uncle, Sri Karthik audio and the local audio persons for having given excellent support this day and I am sure this was also very important for Sri Kola anand to make this decision.

After a long journey of almost 3hrs from Chennai to Kalhasthi, performance of almost 3 hrs and a night drive back to Chennai for 3 hrs – it was all possible only because of the almighty’s grace. I am sincerely thrilled and I am sure this will be one of my best days ever in my life time. I hope with the grace of Sri Kalahasthi Easwarar and with the wishes of my well wishers I will be in a position to full fill the expectation.