Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 21, 2007





Jugalbandhi on Keyboard.
It was a great day and again i was doing a first act at Narada gana Sabha Mini Hall on the 20th Feb'07. Yes, it was on the 16th Aug'03 at the same venue my first album Carnatic on Keyboard - Vol 1 was released by Padmashree Sri Mandolin U Shrinivas, Sri Deva, Sri A V M Saravanan and Sri Krishnabswamy, Secy NGS. On the 20th Feb'07 it was another first i.e. first Jugalbandhi concert on Keyboards - Adithi taking up Hindustani on Keybaord with myself - CArnatic on Keyboard.
Thillaisthanam Suriyanarayanan and Ganesh Rao uncles were excellent and truly enhanced the show with their percussion. It was a different experience for me as i was ideal for almost 20-25 mnts when Adithi performed her solo number on ragam Bheemplas. May be next time i need to think on something else instead of sitting ideal.

Being first time the concert came out very well and was well attended . Thanks to Nalli uncle and Natarajan uncle this was showcased on this day and it looks like if we can jam together more regularly many performances can be given. I was happy that Adithi akka liked and enjoyed my performance so did me with her's.
After the concert i had my dinner at the Woodlands counter in NGS with Kalarasana Srinivasan uncle, Pyarilal uncle, thatha, ammamma (appa's mom) & Suri uncle. As we were having dinner i had a surprise with SV Sekar uncle joining in the next table with Baski took a wrist watch and presented me with same. This was for my upanayanam and i enjoyed the timing as it was just after the concert and that too a gold strap one!
I also met Sri AVS Raja uncle, chairman Shriram Chits & Group of Comapanies on the 17th Feb'07 during the felicitation function held for Photographer Sri Yoga by Sri Nalli uncle. Photos displayed in this blog.