Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A great blessing from a rasika with a review i will merit for ever.

The concert at Sri Obul Reddy Hall - Vani Mahal, on December 14, 2009 for Sri Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha was indeed special for many reasons. It was a great team presentation once again which drew applause all through the concert with SP Ananthapadmanabha uncle on violin, Sankaranarayanan anna on Mrudhangam and Hariharasharma anna on Kanjeera. The energy level was at its best and so was the presentation.

We had blessings of almost a full house audience who stayed through out with few media persons & near full strength of the Office bearers of the sabha. I spent almost 10 -15 mts with the audience after the concert and enjoyed every moment of the same. Appa had asked a senior citizen couple if they would like to say a few words on the concert to be uploaded in You tube, they did express their view and later sent me an email which is as follows. I rate this as one my most precious mails and my sincere namaskarams to mami and mama. I understand Smt. Sukanya ex Bangalore now settled in Chennai was speaking to my mom for a long time and i understand she has been following from my first concert attending all concerts which ever she could. A great blessing!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 9:49 PM
Subject: today's concert

My dear Chi. Sathyanarayanan:
Let me introduce myself as K.Desikan, who met your family this
evening at the car stand at Vani Mahal to congratulate your father
on his excellent compering of today's concert.
While talking to him, he asked me to say a few words in YouTube.
As it was a sudden request, I could not marshal my thoughts
properly and spoke generally about your performance. On my way back home,
I realised that I should have spoken specifically about today's concert and the songs
I enjoyed most. Then only it occurred to me that i can do so through
email, since the programme sheet given to us by your mother contained
your email id. Though the concert was uniformly of a high standard,
my wife and I very much appreciated your delineation of the
raga 'Hamsanandi." Only stalwarts like Shri Seshagopalan do such elaborate
delineation of these ragas in their vocal concerts. This part of the
concert was therefore most enthralling. Also, the selection of songs,
and the appropriate comments by your father, and the accomplished
accompanying artists added lustre to the concert.
May God be with you in all your endeavours.
Yours affly,
K.Desikan
"Chitrakoodam"
Flat No.8, II Floor
New No.25, Subramania Nagar 1st St.,
Kodambakkam, Chennai-600024
Ph: 24812823

Thanks to Hariharasharma anna for taking me in his bike to Sri Mandolin U Shrinivas sir's concert at Bharat Kalachar and it was indeed a min blowing concert. A real treat i had and wonderful moments seeking his blessing.