Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 11, 2007



The December Music festival started off this year for me with the concert at Bharat Kalachar and the concerts on the 7th & 8th were indeed very satisfying for me. On 7th Dec'07 at Pozhichallur i took all the ragas of Thiyagarajar's Pancharathna krithis and the concept was well received by the audience. Also i performed Varali as the main song for the day and came out well with lots of appreciation. I should thank Embar Kannan mama for having guided me to structure this krithi in the afternoon and it helped me to perform well. I am sure i will better as i keep performing this raga. I am planning to repeat it in another sabha during this festival.

On the 8th for Nungambakkam Cultural Academy i had two great musicians and critics and it was a real blessing. Their appreciation for Diwakaradhanujam - YathukulaKambhodhi, Visalakshi on Banthuvarali and the main song for the day Pakalanilapadi in Karaharapriya gave me great satisfaction. Also the presence of my brothers (my chithappa's sons) was a great sight with the Sowmya kutti playing around.


For video please get to http://videosonsathya.blogspot.com/