Pageviews past week

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kudos to Sri Harikumar who performed 7 string vio electra isntrument concert.


I went to the beach today for dropping the Pillaiar statue we had at home and on way back I had the great oppurtunity to be there at Sastry Hall, Mylapore. I was thrilled to see Sri Harikumar playing 7 string vio electra instrument. Amazing it was as he cud go and produce bass chords effects so easily on this instrument. As i have my exam tmrw and also i was hurt and not keeping well, i had to leave the concert midway.
Sri D A Srinivas on mrudhangam was excellent and it was a real joy listening to him. I hope one day i will also have an oppurtunity to play with him. Sri Harikumar on Tabla was also playing well. Bhavadharini akka did a commandable job of being vocal support to this concert on D scale. I have heard her perform for Carnataka Sangeetha Sabha earlier where i think she sang on the Scale A, but here she was supporting for the Scale D and also for instrument. It is indeed difficult to compare the speed levels which can be attained on an istrument to that of a vocal artist but today she was really good in matching frame to frame.
I look forward to another concert which i hope to listen full length to understand the nuances of this 7 string instrument. My appa was there till the end and informed that Sri HariKumar might attend my Delhi concert and i look forward to meeting him in person. Appa also told that everyone attended had a pleasant experience and i also saw Sri V S Narasimhan uncle, (lead violin artist and a great friend of Maestro Ilayaraja uncle)