Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Great Delhi Trip

I loved this trip to New Delhi for Delhi Tamil Sangam concert. The reasons 1) My favourate train journey both ways by ac sleeper. 2) I had Trivandrum Balaji anna and Harihara Subramaniam anna to play 3) I had Sri Ramji, Secy Music Academy as an audience, 4) activities in Delhi and 5) a lovely auditorium with good pa system and aquastics.

1) The train journey both ways were fantastic with my amma's Pulliyodhari taking the first mark in the onward journey and Train Panntry's chappathi in the return. I think we all spent time in the train not only cracking jokes but also eating and drinking tea, Soup and eating also junk food like chips.
2) I cannot forget the way Trivandrum Balaji anna and Hari anna were playing with me all through the tour. I extend my sincere thanks to them for having extended great support during this tour.
3) It was indeed a pleasant surprise for me to have Mr Ramji, Music Academy Secy as the chief guest & stayed almost for over an hour to listen to my concert. It is my first oppurtunity to perform before him and i am happy to have done that. I now look forward to great oppurtunities from him as he has already recommanded me for a5 concerts in Bangalore in Dec'06 by listening to my cds. I am now confident that more such things will come thru.
4) I think we spent more time in New Delhi in drinking Juice in the shop near Delhi Tamil Sangam where we had an excellent stay minus just TV. Selvam anna and team of assistants in DTS were so helpful and we were hosted well by DTS with new cot & a bed, good food and area to play cricket. I enjoyed the stay thoroughly and so all the rest. Appa's friend Mr PArthi (his ex Boss) took us to his house where i played with Ganesh (his son) squash, TT and Snooker. What a great house they live in with all facilities. I think this should be taken as the base design for my new house in the years to come!
The best part is the tea shop we went and had tea while going to Balaji temple. It was very unusual for me and the Daba was not clean bu the tea was of high quality.
5) The auditorium was excellent with good quality PA system and aquastics. I did not any one complain about the audio and i also did not have any and so was for the case with other artsits.
I look forward to another concert oppurtunity soon in New Delhi.
Bye for now.