Pageviews past week

Sunday, March 02, 2008



An interesting & effective performance 1st Mar'08

I performed on the 1st March'08 for a private wedding reception and it turned out to be interesting and effective as we had once audience around 50 - 100 who almost were there throughout the concert. Even though we had not planned, it came out very well with the selections coming to the liking of the audience. On hearing the sound from outside Mr. Yogeswaran from London who was staying in the same premises (its a hotel)wanted to see who was performing and on seeing me sat down for more than 1 hour and then appreciated me and went.

Same way my athai, athimber and Vikky anna had come for dinner and on hearing the tone of my keyboard confirmed that it was me and were listening to the concert from out side the hall and called me out as soon as the concert was over and appreciated me. We, Karaikal Venkat anna - Violin, Calcutta Karthick anna - Mrudhangam, Papanasam Sethuraman uncle - Kanjeera and Charasekara Sharma (we call him kalakurachandru) -ghatam, as a team jelled well and both the bride & bride groom's families were so happy about the concert.

It was also interesting that that the bride's family was from Mysore and many of them had been to my Ganabharathi - Mysore concert on the 10th Feb'08. Mr. Gopalakrishnan - Krishna Book House - Mysore gesture of bringing an article in The Hindu dated 29th Feb'08 about that concert was so moving and appa appreciated this gesture over the PA system and we all thanked him whole heartedly.