Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 07, 2006







My trip to Vellore on the 4th and 5th

I was happy to know from my appa that the TTD concert in Vellore was probably my 300th concert and what a blessing for me to have performed in front of Lord Venkateswara. Also it was indeed a great to have stayed with Mr/s Surendran's family who were host to the best possible. The food was excellent and i really felt bad for my amma as she was missing the good food (of course she prepares equally well too) and company of good kind hearted people. Thanks to Prasanth anna we had a good tour of vellore and Palluru - where my appa studied 23 years ago.

Saraswathi Kala Kendra - Vellore

It was in this institution's dance class i performed a concert for Saraswathi Issai Arangam on the 5th Nov'06 with L Ramakrishnan on the violin, Thillaisthanam Suriyanarayanan on mrudhagam and Dr Prof. Srinivasan on the Morsing. I was really happy to have shared stage with Dr Srinivasan as i felt he was too modest and encouraged me very much. I was happy to know that i was performing in SKK for the 102nd concert.

The above photos were taken in Saraswathi Kala Kendra. It is amazing to know that this was first started in a car shed of Sri & Smt Surendran's residence with just 8 7 students. Today they have more than 150 students learning veena, violin, mrudhangam, vocal and dance. It looks like barnasala - i have seen in movies & tv serials where as saint's residence. The ambience is very great and i think the students are gifted to have a school like this.
The details of photos are:

1. Saraswathi Kala Kendra's look from outside.
2. Veena master with students
3. Students with vocal teacher
4. Students in the dance calss
5. Smt Surendran standing outside the hall where i performed
6. Mr/s Surendran showing me a little pond with fish