Pageviews past week

Saturday, November 18, 2006




It was indeed a good experience for me today with the new team of Sri Neyveli Narayanan on mrudhangam, B S Purushothaman on kanjeera and Sri S P Padmanabha on violin. The concert i believe went well with all the three appreciating me at the end of the concert.

I was very happy that i could perform Diwakaram - a Dikshidhar's navagraha krithi on lord Satturn as requested by Balu uncle and i enjoyed the way he was singing along when i played the song. I am sure he would have wanted me to have played the patanthra of Sri Thiruvengadu jayaraman mama (being his sishya) but as my appa had Sri S Ramanathan's cd i could learn and played from that only.
The audience were in great number even though it was a moving crowd . It was Sani pradhosam today and i am happy i had the oppurtunity to perform with this good news team. Hope i get more such oppurtunities. One thing i want to mention is the insects which were always troubling me on stage. I know no one can do anything for it but i was always scared.
I am now preparing to go to Mumbai by Airdeccan flt early in the morning and hope to do well there. Another three days of Mumbai trip!