Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 22, 2006










I had my dream come true when I was allowed to sit in the pilot’s seat of Air Deccan flight to Chennai which I traveled on the 21st Nov’06 after performing in the finals of Pogo Amazing Kids Awards 2006 in Mumbai. I was so happy that after having performed well in the final of POGO Awards 2006, this was like an award god had given and thanks to the Airhostess who allowed me to speak to the captain. Both the captain and his deputy were very sweat and took photos of myself in their mobiles.

It was totally a thrilling trip for me this time as I also had a great time swimming in the Ashok Nagar Apartment complex pool, Andheri (East) where we stayed. Ms Varsa from Orissa under the dance category was also staying with us. Shashank another finalist in my category was also in our room for sometime and with Rahul Konneti the third from my category had a good time chatting with each other during the shoot days. Mahavir uncle and his team took care of us very well and I happy to convey my thanks with their photos in this blog.

Vignesh, (of Isai Mazhalai and a good friend of mine) one of the Top 3 nominees under the category Singer was also in the same apartment and we both had a gala time playing during our stay. When we went to the studio on the 20th Nov’06 Vignesh was performing the finals and he gave a great performance and was the darling of Ms Vasundara Doss, who was the judge. She confessed that she is his fan for the song Ye thara O’ thara which he had sung in the movie. Vignesh’s other contestants were Ashraf Khan from Jaipur – a Rajastani folk singer and Ranjith from Mumbai – gazhal singer. I am hoping that people will vote for Vignesh and make him the winner in his category.

I performed in the finals on the 21st Nov’06 and was indeed happy with the support of the band provided by POGO, especially the Tabla artist who was very supportive. My judges, Mr Shanthanu Moithra, a leading music director and Mr Derek O’brien (a famous quiz master) appreciated me for the excellent performance, in particular my own composition based on Keeravani, Kaapi and Gowrimanohari. I was so happy to see that I could impress them with my performance which was just for 90 secs of classical, 60 secs of own composition and 45 secs of Bollywood hit song. Both Shashank on Sarot and Rahul on violin gave equally an impressive performance. It is all up to the viewers who will have a tough time selecting the best.

I know I had given my best and hope that impresses all the viewers who see this final which is going to be on air on the 30th November in Pogo Channel at 730pm. Please do vote for me if you think i have performed well and if you feel Shashank or Rahul have done better go ahead and vote for them. Irrespective of the result i know i have won the hearts of both the other contestents and the judges.