Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

"Keyboard - The Trendsetter in Indian Classical Music"- 20 January 2016

Recognition Time

January 2016 was a month especially of bringing RECOGNITION in a great way! Yes the Etv reality show of legendary SPB sir's Padutha Theeyaga was telecast on the 11th and 18th January and was overwhelmed with the calls and the messages all over the world. I was humbled and honoured with SPB sir's compliments, wishes and blessings in the show.

On the 20th January i had the opportunity to present first full length Lec-dem titled "Keyboard - The Trendsetter in Indian Classical Music" in the National Conference organised by The Tamil Nadu Music And Fine Arts University, Chennai and South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur and i was really exited to do a good job as it was for the first time i was attempting to do this at this Grand Level. It turned out good with Nadas Bala anna and Swami anna enhancing my presentation with their Nadaswarama and Mrudhnagam respectively with Thirunavukarasu anna's Team on Sound. My sincere thanks to the Vice Chancellor Tmt. Veenai Gayathri amma for the thought of calling me and also blessings me. 

I was so happy that Veenai Gayathri mam stayed for the entire presentation of mine and blessed me with great words of appreciation. I was humbled and honoured when my request to her to open a Department exclusively for Keyboard in the University, was accepted in principle and also assured to do so if i would directly get involved in the process with my presence along with people i could train with. WoW!  I was in cloud nine and understood that while the Lec-Dem has been successful More Responsibility has just got Added up on me! Looking forward to a positive outcome on this venture soon!

I also had a good feeling when people of my age and students from Sai Fine Arts, Nanganallur who looked at me as a roll model and wanted to take photos with me! It was again a honour to have been on a stage as Guest of Honour with a Padma Vibhushan Awardee, Sri Trichur Ramachandran who was so simple and was nice to interact with no frills attached of him being a Great Musician! Another person in my life from whom a great lesson learnt to keep our heads down in spite of name and fame!

What was most surprising is the Most Surprising opportunity coming way in Doordharshan through my college Professor's wife to give an intro for this year's Thyagaraja Aradhana Pancha Rathna Krithis presentation which was to be telecast live and was indeed blessed! My concert also went well in Thiruvaiyaru and it was so nice to see me on the DD screen just before the start of the Pancha Rathna Rendition at Thiruvaiyaru. 

Thanking Almighty for all these recognition and many more to come as well with prayers to have a cool head as always! The gigs with Mysore Manjunath uncle and Ms. Mahathi along with Rajesh Vaidhya anna gave different experiences and look forward to great Years Ahead as i enter 21from this February!

Seeking all your wishes, blessings and Almighty's Grace, signing off from this post.