Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Salute to my Western Music Master Mr Alphonse



I am grateful to my western music guru Mr. Alphonse (Mr. Tall) - can be contacted on +919841055985 - and i thank him for having invited me to perform in is yearly celebration of Alphonse school of Music for the year 2008 held at MRF Hall, Layola College, Chennai on the 22nd Dec'08. I performed one piece of his lesson from my 8th grade and also a carnatic krithi "Mahaganapathim" in Naatai. I was so thrilled to see a huge audience which had turned up and was also happy to see my friend Vignesh, POGO 2006 Winner (Singer Category).

Appa spoke his heart out in praise of Mr. Alphonse and also recollected how Mr. Das of Musee Musicals has been supporting my efforts in attending the exams from my age of 4. Mr. Das was the one who had personally represented to Trinity College, London and got me a medal for being the youngest to pass grade IV in 2001. I was moved when he gave me a gift for being with him on this day. We as family felt sad for not being there for the entire programme as we had to proceed to see my Paternal Grandfather who was in the hospital undergoing a surgery. Every one present in the hall, especially Mr. Das, Mr Parvai Opticals Natarajan (uncle who was the first person to buy my cd album and one whose designer frame specs i wear for concerts) and Mr. Chandrasekar (Vignesh's dad) comforted us and said that they all would pray for my grandfather's speedy recovery. A great moment indeed!!!