Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Private concert in Chennai on 12th May'08


In this concert after a long time we had Prem uncle (Brother of Great Drums Vidwan Sivamani uncle) with us and with Ananthakrishnan anna on violin, Arjun Ganesh anna on Mrudhangam, Pradeep uncle on Tabla, Hari anna on Ghatam and Suri uncle on Bass guitar we had a good team and presented a concert with classical, devotional and film numbers. I also rehearsed the Revathy piece of my guru Kalaimamani Kum. A. Kanyakumari with Arjun Ganesh anna at home and performed in the evening. All the others followed it, this umber got good applause from the audience. Applause transferred to my guru for her great composition.

Interesting thing was that i played viol duet with AK (Ananthakrishnan) anna for Manayavyalakim! After announcing the song, there was drop in voltage because of which my keyboard could not function. AK anna was so nice to offer his second violin (which he had brought luckily!). When appa gave this suggestion not only the audience but even myself was surprised but decided to do it because i had just on the 10th sat for the 70 violin ensemble and that gave me the confidence to perform. AK anna appreciated my effort and it was so nice of him to have offered his instrument for me to play with. Check http://videosonsathya.blogspot.com/ for the video clipping with violin, film song and the Revathy numbers.