Pageviews past week

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A good concert straight after finishing the Science exam








It was a good concert, a new experience, which I performed for a private wedding on the 23rd Mar'07. I am saying this because its for the first time i am performing a concert reaching the venue straight after finishing my Science exam in the school. While i was confident my amma was really worried if i could do both well. In fact i did my exam well and waited for appa to pick me up in front of the school. As he had come in the car, due to traffic jam enroute, he reached little late.

We were just in time at the venue and started the concert with the team of Thillaisthanam Suriyanarayanan uncle on mrudhangam, Sridhar anna on pad, Pradeep uncle on tabla, Suri uncle on Bass guitar and Villiwakkam Raghuraman uncle on the Violin. While amma had left with thatha to the venue, i understand every one including Karthik audio uncle helped amma to take things in and setting it up. It was a concept of music ensemble and came out very well. It was also to be mentioned that amma is developing into a good photographer and you will agree with me on seeing the pictures above. Cute ones are mine and the small child's dancing photo.

The audience were almost at the average age of 55+ and they enjoyed this show which was from 1115 am - 1330 hrs. On request from audience i performed carnatic, film, western and devotional song. I was happy that my own music composition for the lyrics of Sri Vairamuthu which i had done the earlier day was staged with amma singing it. Every one appreciated my effort and hope i meet Vairamuthu uncle and play this for him.

I am also very happy that it was in the same function Smt Sudha Raghunathan was singing today and my mama Embar S Kannan will be performing with Ghatam Karthick uncle's heArtbeat concept tmrw morning. It is indeed a great privilege and honour that i got an opportunity in this function. Today i attended the concert at the same venue in which mama was accompanying Sudha aunty and i had a gala time with Nakul (mama's son) palying for almost 2 and half hours.