Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Meeting India's Great Photographer - Mr Iqbal Mohamed 


Nov 28th, 2010 is one of the great days for me as i happen to meet Iqbal uncle a pioneer in the still photography in India and also n ace photographer and is the owner of the greatest photography Institution - Life & Light Academy, Ooty. What a simple personalty he is! Humble is the least word i can use for mentioning his simplicity and i was so blessed to work on a project of Audio Visual presentation for his Coffee Table Book - Vibrant At 1000 which was released yesterday - 13th December, 2010 at the Russian Cultural Centre, Chennai. When i met him for the second time and handed over my December 2010 Music concert schedule hand slip he  magnanimously took few of his photos from his office notice board and pinned my hand-out! Thanks to Yessel uncle for giving me the opputunity to have met this wonderful person in life! In the photo below you can see Yessel uncle, Mrs. Anuradha Iqbal aunty and her father who was also so nice,  encouraging & friendly with me on the first meeting itself!

Today when i met him at his office in the evening he was so nice to to handover  the book Vibrant At 1000 as a gift and also to  I am blessed to have been a part to it and he was so nice to hand over a copy of the book and gave me a surprise to inform me that he will take a portrait picture of myself and give me and from now on i need to raise to a level so that i am actually doing justice to his kind gesture!