Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Concert on August 15, 2010 with a new COMBO - Nadaswaram!

It is a great day for all Indians being Independence Day and more so for me as I was teaming up first time with a Nadaswaram Vidwan for a full classical concert!. Yes Nadaswaram considered as a Raja Vadhyam {King of Instruments} and probably accepted widely as a instrument taken for guidance in producing the best nuances of Carnatic music. Many senior past and present day artists has referred to this aspect. When asked by my parents on this combo, I was happy to take this challenge as I needed to produce the best to even bring a percentage or two of its ability. Thanks to Mr Subramaniam & Mr Balasubramaniam of “Hamsavinodhini” for giving up this chance to perform at Sri Kasi Viswanathar Temple, West Mambalam.

Audio link: 
Powered by eSnips.com


Video Link:


Thanks to my mom and dad for taking few video clippings and the audio upload respectively, I request you all to view / listen and forward your opinion which will help be fine tune more on many aspects. While I do not know if I did justice to this combo experiment, I am so thankful to Nadaswaram Adyar Balasubramani anna for his determination and value of commitment in coming and performing that day. Yes I am saying this because he met with an accident while traveling on a two wheeler on the 14th August, 2010. He literally was looking like how the great Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan was in the song sequence “Nalandhana” in the film Thillana Moganambal. After the concert when we saw his right fore arm it was oozing out with blood and puss. All of us really were moved with his commitment and I understand he is better now. I pray the Almighty for the best to him and it is indeed a great learning experience. It also made me think how realistic Nadigar thilagam has acted in that movie and also made me look at that song many a times in Youtube!