Pageviews past week

Sunday, January 27, 2008








It was probably the greatest day for me as I had the oppurtunity to be there at Thiruvaiyaru Saint Thyagarajar's Sannadhi on the 25th Jan'08. I felt as if I was performing live in front of St. Thyagaraja a great experience which I cannot put it in words! I can feel that I have acquired lots of positive energy after this performance. I was fortunate to get blessings of great vidwans who were present in the audience and also great devotees of Saint Thyagaraja who were there in large numbers. I was given oppurtunity to perform 3 songs ( I believe for a first timer I have been very lucky) and I played Sobillu, Koluvamaragatha and Kantajutumi.

The audio track is available in the following link: http://www.blogger.com/

The video clipping are available in the following: http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=901A2610CA36D01D

It was for the first time I was performing at Thiruvaiyaru and so my grand parents (my appa's parents) were very much eager to be there and so we hired a Tavera through Perumal uncle and the owner cum driver Sri Hariharan uncle was also very good to us and gave us a pleasant tour experience. Suri uncle and Ananthakrishnan also came with us in the car and after the concert at Thiruvaiyaru we went to Suri uncle's birth place - Thillaisthanam and had a great time in the cauvery river. We went to his uncle's house and later stayed in a hotel in Kumbakonam. We met Gopal mama, Secy of Ranjani Sabha - Kumbakonam and spent few hours.

Then next day we went to lot of temples starting with Uppiliappan temple, Prethingara Devi Temple, Chidambaram, Vaitheeswaran Temple, Ananthamangalam Anjaneyar temple and Nangoor. We went to Poompuhar with lots of expectation but was not satisfied as it was just like our beach only. Then on way back we went to a temple built for "MahaPeriyava" Sri Chandrasekara Sankarachariar by one Sri VenkataSubramaniam of Chennai and it was indeed a new experience for me. There was a lively statue of Periyava and there were around 25 students studying Vedams and the temple, the school and the environment was great and the students are really blessed. I hope to give a performance in this sannadhi very soon.

A great satisfying trip indeed.!!!