Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A 2 hour concert as a violin accompanist







Thanks to my amma and Violin Raghuraman uncle who had organized this concert, i got my first oppurtunity to perform a full fledged concert as an accompanying artist on violin. I am so blessed that it was for my amma Smt. Lalitha Krishnababu which gave me enough oppurtunity to do rehearsals at home. We had a good understanding and all this was seen very much on stage on the 6th Oct'08.

It was a different experience altogether as an accompanying artist as my focus was just following and doing my solo turns for ragam and swarams. Complete planning was left to amma and i realy enjoy this side of the stage also very much. However, i am at this point of time not deciding on anything with regard to continuing this act of an accompanying artist. I need to go a long way in terms of learning the nuances on violin and i am pleased to say that i like this also and will continue doing my practice on violin. Appa, for a change, has taken the videos and photos and please do view the same and forward your comments to my email keyboardsathya@gmail.com Audio track also will be uploaded soon.

My sincere thanks to the almighty who has provided an excellent oppurtunity to perform at the Hayagreever Sannadhi and what else can i expect more with great and learned audience who were there to bless me. I had the blessings of my grandparents also for this concert and they were all thrilled to see me in my new assignment, which i do like a lot.