Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

An excellent day with great experience gained.













7th Aug’07 is indeed a great day for me as it was a day when my dream of doing a performance in AR Rahman uncle’s studio was achieved. Yes I had visited the studio two months before with my uncle Embar S Kannan who performed in the same studio for a re-recording bit for “Sivaji”. On that day when I saw the studio I was telling myself that one day I should also come here to perform. I did not think it will be so soon and that too for my own DVD project.

This project was suppose to be shot at the Alliance Franchise on the 4th Aug’07 but could not do due to unforeseen circumstances. So we were all little worried but Paul Jacob uncle gave us the pleasant surprising news that we will be doing the shooting on the 7th Aug’07 at AM Studios i.e. the studio where I had been with my uncle two months back. I sincerely thank Paul Jacob uncle for his efforts and also Rahman uncle for having given permission to do our project in his studio.

I had left home around 745am to attend school early to write my exam. Thanks to my school management for giving permission to write the exam early in order to go for my shoot. As I finished the exam and came out I saw my uncle and amma waiting at the gate. We then went to the studio and it was thrilling to see the set up of 7 cameras and the huge unbelievable studio set up of A R Rahman uncle. After the initial sound light check up we started the project recording around 1245 pm and finished it around 1030pm.

Amazing it was because we did 10 numbers and all of them came out very well. We took time break between pieces and also ensured to hear them once it was over. Only the last three songs (not in the order to be in the album) were performed straight with out break and also hearing them. Paul Jacob uncle's administrative manager Mr Hemanth had made all arrangements for food and it was well organized.

Mr Balaji with Mr Aniwas took care of the camera and Mr Siva with Mr Tony was handling the audio. Every one of the team members encouraged me and in fact all of them gave their best which was the major reason for the success. Appa decided to make my uncle a singer in this album apart from being a violin artist in two numbers. In the keeravani composition of mine mama has performed a grand alapana and it will for the first time for many to listen to a rendition of music on a violin.

On knowing Ananthakrishnan anna’s (who normally plays violin for my concert) talent to sing Hindustani appa was made him to in the Thirukural music composition made by my self. He has done his best. Donan uncle made my job easier with great backing and improvisation on the lead guitar. Paul Jacob uncle was the source of inspiration to all of us on the Bass guitar and made us feel cool all the time with his advices. Balu uncle’s perseverance on playing grooves was in deed a great thing and it is indeed very difficult to do that. Durbuka Siva anna was excellent using different percussion instruments in all the songs and enhanced the numbers very well.

The engineers Siva & Tony uncle were great in getting work from us and also gave excellent sound for us to perform well. Muthukumar uncle of Mosarbaer was there for almost 4 hrs and appreciated me so much.

I really happy that my dream of playing in this studio has come live so soon and now look forward to achieving more with the grace of god and well wishes of my ell wishers.

Paul Jacob uncle & Appa informed that we would come out with a live show of this concept soon and I look forward to all your participation as audience. I share few great moments with the pictures above, with you all.