Pageviews past week

Friday, October 04, 2013

Pranams to my first Guru, Mentor and my dear Thatha!
Sangeetha Bhushanam Sri. Embar S. SAdagopan avl.

I sincerely thank all my gurus, well wishers, Organisers, enhancing artists, PA support team, Media and importantly my Parents as i step in closer to the stage on the 6th October, 2013 at Music Academy organised by Arun Excelo which happens to be the 1000th concert! 

When i look back i remember troubling my paternal patti to switch on the TV and to have Vijay Channel in it as it would telecast Sriman Narayana, Dollayam and Pony Mother's song Malarpola Malargindra as early at 530am! Also my patti used to sing many kutti pattukal as well!

My memory rolls back to the days when i used to go to my maternal grand parent's house where Music was The Thing with my thatha and mama always busy with music! I remember my thatha taking me to concerts and also talking to me about music, music and music related talks only like saying me the names of ragas, their arohanam & avarohanam, sample krithis etc. Probably this lead me deep in to the direction of taking up Music into me in a Big way and i salute him and all others who have been instrumental in me taking up Music seriously!

He has inspired me to take up Violin and have sincerely been making efforts on same! I have also attempted to perform Harmonium and have been, to an extent successful, placed as a Grade B artiste in AIR! Now i am also trying Accordin as well! 

My thatha has been my first Guru, Mentor and a greatest Well Wisher  and seek his blessings along with that of all my Gurus, well wishers, Organisers, enhancing artists, PA support Team, Media and many more  as i step into 1000 and beyond! I sincerely understand what has been done is just a start and what is to be achieved is YET to START!   

Adyar D. Balasubramani on Nadaswaram, Adyar D. Senthilkumar on Thavil and Sumesh Narayanan on Mrudhangam