Pageviews past week

Monday, February 02, 2009

Celebrations on my Birthday at Guruvayur


Firstly i would like to thank all my well wishers who ahve sent me Birthday greetings a big thank you!. All your wishes are so dear to me and i value them very much.

It was a great Birthday gift for me from Lord Guruvayoorappa with dharshan at Guruvayoor and a good concert the same evening at Trichur for a private function. We the team of Venkat anna on Violin, Swaminathan anna on Mrudhangam, Hariharasubramanian anna on Ghatam & Morsing and appa on thalam enjoyed the concert with 3 new attempts of Swathi Thirunal's composition namely a varnam - ragam Mayamalavagowla, Bhogendra Sayinam, a krithi in Kunthalavaralai and Pankacha Lochana in Kalyani.

There was a list of krithis as audience choice which came in as we entered the hall and so changed the concert structure to fit in as many numbers as possible. I was more happy as amma also joined this trip and all of just crashed as soon as we entered our coach in the train on return. Thanks to almighty for having made this trip successful as we, i.e. amma at Valasarawakkam and myself at RA Puram, managed to finish our respective private concerts and rush and catch the train in time on the 31st Jan'09 to got to Trichur. There was also another surprise gift from the print media i.e. a photograph of my amma in Vadapalani times as she is giving a certificate to Mstr. harath a keybaord artiste the review can be read in the link :

http://www.vadapalanitimes.com/2009/01/30/with-a-touch-of-melody/

Looking forward to the trip to Thirunelveli, Vellore and Sriperumbudhur and this time i will be joined my appa, amma, Embar Kannan mama and my thatha for this trip. Details of Photos are as under:

1. Amma in Vadapalani times 2. concert on 31st Jan'09 3. Concert on 31st Jan'09 4. In front of Guruvayur Temple 5. Concert at Trichur 6. Concert at Trichur on 1st Feb'09 - my birthday.